Yui Meets Moiraine Rin

By , August 10, 2010 7:50 am

This past weekend I had the opportunity to meet up with fellow DD enthusiast TsunamiDelta.  He was is town for a local steam show and we managed to find some time to meet on Saturday.  TsunamiDelta brought Moiraine Rin along to meet Yui who was quite eager to make a new friend ^^.  We set out for the Canal district in search of scenic locations for the girls.

yui & moiraine rin-1

Yui in “goth” lolita!  It seems to be a good style for her ^^

yui & moiraine rin-2

Tsunamidelta’s Moiraine Rin.  Quite a stylish girl.

yui & moiraine rin-3

The goth lolita outfit is Moe’s Goth Dress Set by Volks.

yui & moiraine rin-4

Yui and Moiraine Rin have become fast good friends ^^

yui & moiraine rin-5

Moraine Rin cools off near shallow pool by the Canal.

yui & moiraine rin-6

yui & moiraine rin-7

They really have become good friends quickly ^^;

yui & moiraine rin-8

Do you prefer Yui?

yui & moiraine rin-9

Or Moiraine Rin?

yui & moiraine rin-10

Or how about both? ;)

yui & moiraine rin-11

yui & moiraine rin-12

yui & moiraine rin-13

yui & moiraine rin-14

Vertical docking!

yui & moiraine rin-15

We headed further down the Canal and gave the girls a chance to change their outfits (and a wig in Yui’s case!).

yui & moiraine rin-16

yui & moiraine rin-17

Super cute Yui <3

yui & moiraine rin-18

My sassy girl :3

yui & moiraine rin-19

Pantsu peak! >_<

yui & moiraine rin-20

“Hey, where do you think you’re looking?”

yui & moiraine rin-21

yui & moiraine rin-22

Tsunamidelta spotted these turtle statues and it just seemed perfect for Yui.  It’s Ton-chan all grown up xD

yui & moiraine rin-23

yui & moiraine rin-24

While Yui and Rin were playing with the turtles, a guest arrived!

yui & moiraine rin-25

It was a very unusual coincidence, but while we were taking photos, another BJD owner spotted us and came over to greet us.  Turns out she also had her BJD, Toki, with her and let him join the girls for a few photos.  Never expected to meet another BJD owner in such a random way! xD

yui & moiraine rin-26

Meanwhile, Moiraine Rin is acting a bit naughty ;)

yui & moiraine rin-27

We said goodbye to our new friend and continued our journey along the Canal.

yui & moiraine rin-28

After grabbing some lunch, one more change of outfits was in order.  Yui here is wearing a very cute Chinese dress borrowed from Moiraine Rin.

yui & moiraine rin-29

Moiraine Rin in an absolutely gorgeous Victorian style dress set.  Tsunamidelta mentioned this was one of his favorite outfits and I can see why!  It’s quite lovely ^^

yui & moiraine rin-30

yui & moiraine rin-31

yui & moiraine rin-32

As it was getting late in the afternoon, we decided to make our last stop.  Earlier, we had scouted some water stairs with shallow pools at each landing.  It seemed to be just a perfect scale for Dollfie Dreams ^^

yui & moiraine rin-33

After a long day of posing, Yui wants to cool off and relax a bit.

yui & moiraine rin-34

Seems Moiraine Rin agrees ^^

yui & moiraine rin-35

yui & moiraine rin-36

yui & moiraine rin-37

Moirane Rin takes initiative and tests the water toe-first.

yui & moiraine rin-38

Feels great!

yui & moiraine rin-39

Splish-splash!

yui & moiraine rin-40

And, for a final nose-bleed inducing blow, Moiraine Rin borrows Yui’s gym bloomers for a swim.

yui & moiraine rin-41

“Want to join me?”

Hope you enjoyed the pics, thanks for stopping by!

35 Responses to “Yui Meets Moiraine Rin”

1. ninjovee says:

Very lovely photos of Rin and Yui! X3
    I agree with you, Rin is very, very stylish. I love her outfits!
    And Yui was so cute in her twin tails wig~! It kind of reminds me of Hatsune Miku, but still, so adorable! X3 Especially in the Cheongsam ^w^
    ninjovee´s last post… Another brief test shoot!

2. d.ark says:

Lovely photos!
    Looks like a great day out.
    Nice wardrobe display ;)

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by object, anonymous, Kikuko. Kikuko said: [otaku.fm] Yui Meets Moiraine Rin http://sakura-hi.me/bQogRN […]

4. Kuraikawai says:

Beautiful pictures! I love Yui’s dress, and for me I prefer Rin Rin, I adore her face! you did all that in one day? I once made a photoshoot with different clothes the same afternoon, and had to change Nia in a corner lol :)
    great job!

• I also love that Goth Dress Set by Volks. So pretty :3 :3
      We took all the photos on Saturday. It was a fairly long day. We started around 10am and wandered until 4:30 or so. Quite tired that evening ^^;
      We did change the girls outfits several times, but we were out in the open when we did. We definitely got some funny looks xD

• Kuraikawai says:

I can imagine :D when I went I was alone with my husband, he went to take pictures around while I changed Nia, he was quite ashamed :p but well, what is wrong with playing with a doll in a park? :D
        Kuraikawai´s last post… School Uniforms

5. ral says:

wow, great pics, youv’e made my day :D

6. Wolfheinrich says:

Good photos, looked like a fun day outside! I feel much more comfortable shooting with a comrade just for the extra level of security.
    Wolfheinrich´s last post… Illusion Soft Announced Collaborative 3D Chara Collection Game and Sexy Beach Zero

Great photos! Love the looks and outfits for both Yui and Rin, those twin tailed wigs do suit them well. ^^

Excellent photos, looks like you visited good settings and scenery for DD photography.

Quite a coincidence to run into another bjd owner too. ^^

And well, you know me, I prefer them both. Kekekekeke. XD
    Smithy´s last post… New K-ON!! Image Song Cover Art by Nanao

8. chun says:

looks like so much fun! XD I really like the cross legged posing ^o^
    chun´s last post… Taiga back to school

9. Fabienne says:

again such nice outfits for Yui,twintails suits her very good.

the pictures are very nice, too especially at the water stairs,
    the Dolfies look really good in a natural environment ;)
    Fabienne´s last post… Review- Shining Wind Seena Swimsuit version by Max Factory

10. AS says:

Nice clothes on both of them ^^. Pretty interesting that you met another BJD owner during your own outing. I thought the guy looked like one of characters from Metalocalypse on adult swim ^^;;, can’t remember if he played a guitar though. Nice day for pictures ^^.
    AS´s last post… Addicted to Curry-Manga Review

11. Fabrice says:

Pantsu peak! but she doesnt seem angry luckily lol
    Love the clothes set you have =)

12. bluedrakon says:

Lovely series of shots. Really done so well that I forgot they were not real girls. Moiraine Rin is such a flirt!
    bluedrakon´s last post… August Haul &amp Back To School Supplies

Beautiful pictures! Yui looks great with twintails too! I bet you had a really good time taking pictures of these two lovely girls.
    Xine´s last post… Sweet weekend with Azunyan

I prefer Yui’s outfits, especially that Chinese outfit (although I know it’s Rin’s) but I think Rin has the look I would prefer to own in a Dollfie for myself. I’d like a dollfie with more mature/sexy eyes, whereas your darling seems like the more outgoing happy one.

15. Persocom says:

Holy crap, those are some awesome photos. That’s so cool that you just randomly ran into another dollfie owner like that. Really love all the outfits.
    Persocom´s last post… Altines – Busou Shinki

16. Otaku Depot says:

I really love your photos, very nice work. The girls look very lovely.
    Yui is super cute and Rin is uber sexy!!!
    Otaku Depot´s last post… News – Mitsudomoe gets 2nd season

17. Snark says:

You need more photos of that guy with the rapist mustache.
    Snark´s last post… A Rant Regarding Them Gay Folk – Thank God Im Not American

18. ribbonfear says:

i this the photos where great! X3 im just wondering, where did you get Yui’s new wig?